Saturday 25 April 2015

Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar


When my sister in love first told me about how she swears by this health product I'll admit- it didn't exactly make me jump up and down with excitement. Vinegar? How on earth do people drink some of that every day!? 

Well, I am now one of those people. 
Personally I love using this to help fight off and prevent colds. It seriously works wonders! I also love this for general health. I take around two teaspoons a day in a glass of water and drink it as fast as I can-it's definitely not the easiest thing for me to drink! 
(If preferred you can drizzle some on your salad, veggies etc.) 

So what is it?!
ACV is high in Acetic Acid which helps the body absorb important minerals we consume even better. 
When talking about ACV I am talking only about the BRAGG brand as it's the highest quality ACV out there-the one used by health fanatics across the globe! This is because it is Certified Organic Raw ACV which contains the "Mother"-those gorgeous looking brown bits that are the powerful essence of the vinegar. 
On the BRAGG ACV bottle I love how they have added a bit of ACV history. It states "In 400 B.C Hippocrates, the father of medicine, used it for its amazing natural cleansing, healing and energising properties." Cool hey?! 

ACV has SO many health benefits so I decided to list some below:

-Fights Diabetes
(By helping to lower glucose levels-great for those with type 2 diabetes.)
-Aids in Reducing Appetite
(Contains acetic acid which helps slow the rate at which sugars are released into the blood, meaning you feel fuller for longer!)
-Helps Lower Cholesterol Levels
(By reducing the blood lipids that are harmful and contribute to high cholesterol.)
-Aids Digestion
(Especially great for those with stomach disorders like reflux or indigestion.)

The BRAGG website lists even more benefits such as
-Rich in Enzymes & Potassium
-Supports a healthy immune system
-Helps soothe dry throats
-Removes body toxins
-Relieves muscle pains from exercise
And more!! 

You can purchase this at most health shops, and it's really inexpensive! I normally buy the 473ml bottle for around $8.00 and it lasts for ages. 
Feel free to check out the BRAGG website at www.Bragg.com !

Xxoo



No comments:

Post a Comment